Orbinox UK understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.orbinox.co.uk (Our Site) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Definitions & Interpretation
This means any account that is required to access and make use of certain features within our website.
This means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out later in this policy.
Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Orbinox UK, a Limited Company registered in England under company number 04768955.
Registered address: 6-7 Clock Park, Shripney Road, Bognor Regis, PO22 9NH
Main trading address: As above.
VAT number: 813468037.
Data Protection Officer: Simon Penfold.
Email address: QA@orbinox.co.uk.
Telephone number: 01243 810240.
Postal Address: As above.
What Does This Policy Cover?
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us by emailing QA@orbinox.co.uk or contacting Simon Penfold on 01243 810240.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What Data Do We Collect?
Generally via our website we collect
Email Contact data via our Contacts page
When you contact us via one of the email addresses on our contact page your contact details are stored on our webserver. Typically the types of information we collect are:
- Business Name
- Job Title
- Address (for postal purposes)
- Telephone Number
- Email address
Email Data Collected when visitors comment on our ‘latest news’ blog posts
When someone leaves a comment on one of our ‘latest’ news blog posts their email information is stored in our website database.
Statistical Website Visitor Data (Via Google Analytics Cookies)
When someone visits our site their usage (what pages they visit) is tracked by Google Analytics -this helps us find out the pages of our website that attract the most usage and helps us to improve our website. The data is completely anonymous and used in aggregate-we can never specifically identify individuals that have visited our site.
When you first visit our website you are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of sharing your visitor data with us by disabling the Analytics Cookies on our site. You can also disable cookies via the settings in your web browser.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Both your email data and statistical data are kept indefinitely but as a reminder, you have ‘the right to be forgotten’ -please see the section concerning your GDPR rights in this policy.
Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to a few important exceptions:
- where we share your postal address with our delivery agents in order that they may deliver our products to our customers.
- where we may share your data with our parent company, Orbinox (Europe) for administrative purposes.
- in some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.