Penta SAT3 Model
The Penta SAT3 model is an evolution of the SAT with the insertion of two rings (called Scraper Rings) inside and outside the seats.
The Scraper Rings have to:
- Clean ball surface during valve operation
- Protect the seats from abrasion by fluid solid content
- Avoid wedging in of solids between seat and ball surface cause of valve blocking
- Reduce dirt can fill body cavity
Like all PENTA production, valves of Penta SAT3 series are equipped with metallic seats in PENTAFITE that allow the manufacturing of metal seated ball valves with Bubble tight (no leakage) suitable for a wide range of services with working temperatures up to 700°C.
The typical elastic properties of PENTAFITE seats and the fully bolted construction, allow an easy maintenance without necessity of additional lapping of the spare seats against the ball, The Penta SAT3 model is available in two version:
- Bi-directional, both with floating ball or trunnion mounted
- Uni-directional, trunnion mounted ball for applications where pipe axis is vertical.
In this case body cavity is machined to obtain a complete body cavity draining avoiding fluid deposit inside the valve (best for bottom tank valves).